Monday, January 2, 2012

HK Trip | Part 2: Food

Ahh, the food in HK.. It's just so good! And most of it is pretty cheap so it makes me even happier.. Let me introduce some of my fav's during the trip:
Egg tart! It's so good when it's just out of the oven, and it's all squishy on the inside, and crispy on the outside. A much loved food of mine.


Then it's the tofu pudding (or whatever you want to call it) I just love this stuff... I have no description for this, but it's just really good, and it's a must have when you go to HK. But if you can't, just go to any yum cha place, and just ask.. 


And this time, I had quite a bit of coffee. But this is probably the best I've had... and it's AFFOGATTO! I've never tried it in Sydney, but I'm still in search for more in cafe's so I can still taste it here. 

Oh, and there's the sushi and Japanese food there. From my knowledge of Jap food in HK, apparently, you can't really find these type of "Japanese" food in Japan. I guess that's just how the world rolls..
This one is the eggplant sushi. It's so good! The eggplant has been fried in the tempura batter, and then made into a sushi!

Now this one is really good. It's just basically a prawn head (yep, full of cholesterol) and it's deep fried. Pretty good stuff here.
And I'm pretty sure you've seen this before.. The eel sushi!! So good. I normally don't eat eel, but this is a must try one! Got to try it to understand how much I love this one..

Then it was my birthday cake of the year... It's also the best cake I've tried in many many years... It's so good! It was crispy on the inside and outside, and it looked so pretty with the candles..

No comments:

Post a Comment